Saturday, March 5, 2011

1st Creative Critterz Imaginations challenge


Greetings followers! And welcome to all my FB friends who have recently learned I am doing this and have subscribed! xoxox
I'm entering the first challenge on one of the blogs I follow faithfully Creative Critterz Imaginations. The blog is for crafts made with the Cricut Imagine machine (launched in Sept 2010). The Imagine was made in conjunction with HP so it prints and cuts images. It also prints full sheets of paper and has the ability to apply color patterns to images from the traditional Cricut cartridges. Basically, it's the bomb and I love it!


Just this week I had the urge to turn it on and play at bit. Luckily, something I have made is eligible for the contest. The rules are simple, make something with the Cricut Imagine. The prize is a cartridge for the Imagine called Blast Off. I really want this cart because I only have 5 Imagine cartridges and I would like to build up my library. Winners are chosen randomly so what do I have to lose? The odds are really great right now because only 14 other people have entered. However the contest closes in about 4 hours so who knows?

Scrapbooking is about making the most of scraps. So I decided to make cards from my scraps. I printed several images at 3" from the Cricut Imagine Cartridge Lori's Garden and had fun combining scraps of ribbon, patterned paper, Cuttlebug embossing folders etc. I am not sure what most of these cards will be used for, but I have categorized them in the "Just Because" file for now. I find it useful to have a stash of cards made for occassions that come up. That way I won't have to scurry to create items of the fly or have to spend big bucks at hallmark like I did for Vday.
Recipe:
  • Cricut Imagine Cartridge - Lori's Garden
  • coordinations card stock
  • patterned paper from my stash
  • ribbon from my stash

Wish me luck! I'll share the rest of the cards I made with scraps and the Imagine all week. Stay tuned!

La-Vie

p.s. I love comments!!!

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card! Your patterned paper is perfect with the Imagine cut! Thanks so much for playing along with our first Creative Critterz Imaginations challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card! Great color choice!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.