Thursday, March 10, 2011

Cricut Circle Weekly Challenge #23 - Guy Stuff


This week's challenge is all about the fellas! I don't usually craft with men in mind, so I struggled not to add all the frilly stuff to this project. In order to qualify for this challenge I had to add certain elements. In addition to 2 Cricut Image cuts I incorporated string, staples and a distressed edge.
I made this card for my husband. He is participating in the tough mudder race next month. He will run 10 miles with a team and encounter all kinds of obstacles along the way. He has lost 50 lbs and got super cut using Insanity and P90X workouts. Although he never did cardio before last year he has transformed himself into an althelte. To encourage him to "FLY" and win the race this card is for him.
Recipe
  • Cricut Imagine - Lori's Garden (bird)
  • Cricut Cartridge - Wild Card (flap from argyle card)
  • cardstock, ribbon and letter stickers from my stash
  • staples

The argyle part of the card was lightly distressed with an emory board. This was a scrap I had left over when I mistakenly grabbed my cutter instead of my scoring tool. I ruined an envelope I made but decided to keep this accent. And voila! It works well with this card months later.

Hope you like it...wish me luck!
La-Vie

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I LOVE plaid for a manly card! NICE work! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jana & Girlia! I love stretching myself to compete in the challenges. It was so nice to receive your positive comments!

    La-Vie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.