Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Imagine week post 4 - flower power card




This card was inspired by a little oopsy I made with my Imagine. I wanted to print a lot of images for cards but I had not used my Imagine in a while. I cued it up and left the room. When I came back the images were so light and unusable and the blade was off a bit so the cut didnt match up perfectly. So I learned to clean the print heads and recalibrate the blade if I haven't used my machine in a while. The print/cut function worked well.
I decided to use the faded images to layer with well printed images to create dimension on my card. I used pop dots that were circular and cut them in half to fit in areas like the stem. I used 2 different flowers, embossing and ribbon. my favorite cardstock is bazzil premium. it's heavy weight and works well for cards. i used a piece for the layer. it held the embossing and punching quite nicely. my favorite punches are Martha Stewart punch around the page. I usually don't finish the inside of my cards but when its a dark card I like to have a light surface to write on.

Recipe
  • Cricut Imagine Cartridge Lori's Garden
  • Martha Stewart around the page punch - ribbon loop
  • Cuttlebug embossing folder - floral screen
  • bazzill premium cardstock
  • ribbon from my stash
  • pop dots

La-Vie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.