Thursday, March 24, 2011

Cricut Circle Weekly Challenge #25


To enter this contest I had to make a creation with my Cricut Imagine machine with at least 2 cuts. I decided to make a baby card for my friend who recently had her third child, a baby girl (her others are boys) so I wanted to make something special.

I started with a glitter cardstock base made by Craft n Craftin' (GCS008 Ocean Blue 12x12). Using Bazzil white cardstock and Cricut Imagine Cartridge - Nursery Tails, I printed and cut the main image twice (once as a complete image and once as layers). Therefore, this card includes 5 cuts. I inked the edges of the white portion of the card and the butterflies adn dragonfly to make them stand out more.

As you can see in the second picture, I used foam adhesive to create different heights with the butterflies and dragonfly. I heat embossed each butterfly with clear embossing powder to give it some shine. I used my versamark pen to allow the embossing powder to stick and then heated it with a heat gun. Finally, I used smooch top coat to highlight the remaining smaller butterflies and added 2 colors of stickles to accent the message. No card is complete without ribbon so I added some at the bottom and attached it behind the bow with zots small glue dots. While the top 2 pictures are the stickles wet, The last picture shows the glitter glue (stickles) when it is dried.

Wish me luck! I haven't won any challenges yet but the winners are randomly selected so it's anyone's chance!

La-Vie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.