Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Cricut Circle Magazine March Spring Cleaning Contest

Today I am entering the March Cricut Circle Magazine Challenge. They are looking for unique ways we store our Provo Craft machines and accessories. We had to showcase at least 4 different products and how we store them. I have shown more (just in case). I would love to win a challenge! Wish me luck!






My first storage solution is for my growing collection of Cuttlebug embossing folders. This idea came from a blog I follow The Paper Boutique and she got it from yet another person's blog. As soon as I read the post I went to my craft room and created mine. I used a file folder cut from Cricut Cartridge Graphically Speaking pg 59. I cut it at fit to length at 10 1/2". I had to cut off 2 1/2 " from the end and used my corner rounder from creative memories. I then embossed the image of each folder on the front so I could see how it looks. It really makes a difference when I am looking for that special something.


I keep my Cricut Expression and my Cricut Expression on a desk and I add my cuttlebug as needed. I store my mats and 12x24 Cricut Cardstock on the keyboard tray underneath. That way my long cardstock doesn't get bent or crumpled.



This is my favorite new storage item. Scrap 'n Tote from ContainYa Crafts. I have three that fit all my cricut cartridges. Each binder holds 36 cartridges, books and overlays. It's very handy. I can see everything I have at a glance.

the clip it up is in the upper left hand corner

Lastly, I love my clip it up by Simply Renee shown at the upper left. The two-tier carousels spin around and I have all my embellishments categorized. I keep my Cricut cutables, Cricut tools, ribbon etc. in the white and gray bins on the left bottom a system from Office Max. Lastly, I bought the paper storage system from Jo-Ann fabrics where I keep paper sorted by color, theme, style etc. All of these storage ideas keep my ideas flowing and my frustration low.

~La-Vie

14 comments:

  1. Great idea! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Have you seen my updated post for embossing folder storage?

      http://cestla-viedesigns.blogspot.com/2013/02/embossing-folder-storage-sequel.html?spref=fb

      Delete
  2. Love the Cuttlebug folders! Cute and practical at the same time. Beverly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Have you seen my updated post for embossing folder storage?

      http://cestla-viedesigns.blogspot.com/2013/02/embossing-folder-storage-sequel.html?spref=fb

      Delete
  3. Love your embossing folder storage. Genius idea to actually emboss the front of the file folder with the image on the enclosed embossing folder. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Have you seen my updated post for embossing folder storage?

      http://cestla-viedesigns.blogspot.com/2013/02/embossing-folder-storage-sequel.html?spref=fb

      Delete
  4. Really good idea for the embossing folder storage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Have you seen my updated post for embossing folder storage?

      http://cestla-viedesigns.blogspot.com/2013/02/embossing-folder-storage-sequel.html?spref=fb

      Delete
  5. Why didn't you change the size down to 8 1/2? What a great idea...going to organized mind :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie. The folders I used in this example are legal size so making them any smaller wouldn't have worked but you're in luck. I created a new and improved post with this idea. Check it out.

      http://cestla-viedesigns.blogspot.com/2013/02/embossing-folder-storage-sequel.html?spref=fb

      La-Vie

      Delete
  6. What a fantastic idea for embossing folders I love it I was looking for a way to store my folders but I wanted a crafty look not a bought one will definitely be doing this idea fantastic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I have an updated post about this storage system. http://cestla-viedesigns.blogspot.com/2013/02/embossing-folder-storage-sequel.html

      Delete
  7. Thank you so much for sharing how to cut the folders out with the cricut cartridge! Every tutorial I have seen uses SCAL, and I don't have any of that, and my cricut isn't hooked up to a computer. THANK YOU!!!!! So grateful to you! Yours are so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.