Thursday, April 7, 2011

Cricut Circle Weekly Challenge #27




Today I am entering a contest with the Cricut Circle called "make a game plan." It challenged us to create a sketch before making our project. I created my sketch on the back of an index card. I wanted to create something I hadn't before and use medium I hadn't previously used. For me, this was a 2-for. I created an Artist Trading Card that I will trade at a craft expo this weekend. The Theme is "The Quilting Bee." Since I know nothing about quilting or sewing, I resarched this theme and found out that way back in the day, women congregated to hand sew quilts. I am representing the artistry and social aspect of the theme on my card.

ATC cards must be the size of a baseball card 2.5" x 3.5" include the main images on the front and include specific contact information on the back. I started with my sketch, deciding that a quilt is made of squares. I wanted to fit 9 squares on the card. I also decided to add images to represent the women on top of the quilted squares thus the long images on top.  The sketch was a spring board for creating the ATC. I added additional elements as needed along the way.

I decided to use thin, yet sturdy metal as the base for my card. I have had this in my stash for quite some time and hadn't used it. To add dimension and to bring across the theme, I embossed it with the cuttlebug argyle folder which showcases squares and stitching. I then cut squares of fabric less than one inch and hand sewed them together with blue thread. It was quite a feat. I don't know how those ladies do it! Keeping with the theme I added decorative stick pins and a printed spool of thread and needle printed and cut with the Cricut Imagine. The women were cut with the Cricut Expression machine and sprayed with frost shimmer spritz. I love a little bling or shimmer on my projects! Lastly, the title was added to the back and my information. This is 1 of 1 and original...

The sketch gave me a road map to use as I created my materpiece today. The Cricut Circle is giving away great prize selections too! The winners are randomly chosen so wish me luck! I really want to win something....

Recipe
  • 2.5" x 3.5" metal sheet
  • embossed with Cuttlebug embossing folder - argyle
  • 5 different fabric patterns
  • Cricut Cartridge - A Child's Year - Pilgims 2.75" (one regular and one using the flip feature)
  • Cricut Imagine Cartridge Imagine More - printed and cut - spool of thread .7" and "a stitch in time" .4"
  • Black cardstock
  • Tsukineko sheer shimmer spritz - Frost
  • Blue thread
  • Pins from my stash
La-Vie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.