Sunday, April 3, 2011

Wedding Invite & Placecard

A friend of mine asked me to create a wedding invitation for her parent's surprise 30th wedding anniversary. This would be their vow renewal and a very special one because their first marriage was performed by the justice of the peace. It was an honor and a priviledge to be a part of their love celebration.


As this was my first paying customer, I learned a lot about what it takes to craft for a living (the good and the bad). With a tight deadline, color changes, design issues I had my share of hair pulling moments. However, in the end, I am very proud of my work and can definitively say I can take my passion and put it to work!


It was an emotional experience for me as I have not worked outside the home in a few years. Taking care of my children is the most important job I'll ever have. However, there is something about earning your own money. That intangible feeling of freedom. Tasty... Anyhow, when I delivered my finished product the customer cried at how beautiful they were to her. That made me cry because it was touching that someone could be moved by my handiwork and that I had made some money independently. Then when her parents learned of the big day by receiving my invitation, her mother cried. wow wow wow! God is good. I have received many customers and blessings since I made this invitation. The start of it all...


Here's the recipe



50 Invitations:



  • 8 1/2" x 11" black premium cardstock - the paper company - bought from A.C. Moore

  • 8" x 5" silver inside layer - american crafts foil cardstock - bought from A.C. Moore

  • 7 3/4" x 4 1/2" plumberry inside layer - open stock paper - bought from A.C. Moore

  • 7 1/2" x 4" white inside layer 110lb cardstock with lazer printing done at Staples copy center

  • text layout done in MS word

  • silver eyelets 3/16" - recollections - bought at Micheal's

  • ribbon - wine - 12" offray spool o' ribbon

  • 5" x 7" Cuttlebug embossing folder from love is in the air 6 piece set bought from Hobby Lobby

  • white invitation envlope with silver foil lining - bought from Staples



100 Reception Placecards


Except for the black layer, the placecards were made from the left over scraps from the invitations. the customer applied white address labels with the name of the attendees and their table number



  • black layer - cut at 4" from Plantin Schoolbook Cricut cartridge pg 80 (shift and shadow applied)

  • silver layer - 3 1/4" x 2"

  • plumberry layer -2 3/4" x 1 1/2" cut from Plantin Schoolbook pg 74 (shift applied)

  • embossed with Cuttlebug love is in the air folder

La-Vie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.