Friday, April 22, 2011

Provo Craft Birthday Layout Challenge - See this layout Live on HSN


This is the big one y'all! It's the 5th Anniversary of Cricut and Provo Craft is launching the Cricut Expression 2. They called for birthday layout subnmissions to help with the launch and I entered two layouts. They will use some of the layouts while showing the new Cricut on HSN. There are 5 showings starting at midnight on Monday. I am taping it all and am fully expecting to see my layouts on tv! But the best part is they will judge all the layouts received and choose 5 winners to receive the new Cricut Expression 2!!! I am super excited!

My first layout is called - Happy Sixth Birthday - it was a true labor of love and a tribute to my oldest daughter who turned 6 this year. She also is the reason I began scrapbooking. When she saw this layout she said "Aww mommy this will definitely make it on tv!" I almost shed a tear...



This is a close up of the title. It was cut from the Celebrate with Flourish Cricut Lite Cartridge from Walmart at 3.5" with different colored papers. I added Glam Pink Stickles for that extra oomph!


The six border was cut from Cricut Cartridge Graphically Speaking pg 73 with the fit to length feature on and set to 9 3/4" (which cut the border at 2.5" wide). The paper is from Die Cuts With A View. I added Glam Pink Stickles to the word six to accentuate it as part of the title.

Recipe (in addition to what I already mentioned)
  • 12x12" pink patterned paper (my stash)
  • flower paper lace - Cut from Wild Card pg. 40 "icon" with fit-to-page on - using Die Cuts With A View glitter stack - yellow
  • Martha stewart punch - cheers colored with Copics (B05, Y06, RV13)
  • Picture mats - Die Cuts With  A View Safari Kids Cardstock matstack
  • mat inked with Clear & Simple Stamps Hybrid Ink (paint the town pink)
  • balloon - Celebrate with Flourish cartridge cut at 3.25"
  • ribbon form Micheal's - Celebrate it basic-basic
  • tools/adhesives: Provo Craft Cricut toolkit, Creative memories corner rounder, Scotch Pink ATG gun, Zig squeeze & roll 2 way glue pen, EK success 3D dots
La-Vie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.