Sunday, March 3, 2013

Stamp Cataloging and Organization with Scrap Rack


I’m so happy that I have completed my two identical stamp catalogs (one for home and one for taking on the road to make sure I buy with intention – no duplicates, items that are too similar or things I don’t really need). It has taken me MONTHS to catalog hundreds and hundreds of stamps into the 3 section system taught by Tiffany Spaulding at the Scrap Rack. My first post detailing the specifics on how I started this journey can be found here. The reasons it took me so long are the amount of stamps I have and the amount of times I had to renumber because I had already used those numbers. Word to the wise, number all your stamps first then you don't have to wonder like I do. And when you stop, leave yourself a note so you can easily pick up where you left off.

In time, I found my groove and chugged along little by little until it was complete. Now I can find what I have, use it more efficiently and it feels SO good! When I get new stamps I know before I get home which categories to place it in and have a clear process for adding it to my catalogs.

I thought I'd share some pics of where I keep my massive stamp collection. It's a work in progress.



I have one drawer of stampin up wheels and Inkadinkado stamping gear and other stamp accessories.


This box with magnetic closure has my stampin' up stamps. I put 2 sets in one case and use the empties for other companies' stamps.


This case has 2 layers of wood block stamps in an Art Bin case. Here's the top view.


Here's the bottom view. A piece of chipboard separates the 2 layers.


I have a second Art Bin that is double deep. Chaos lives within. No rhyme or reason here.



My clear stamps are in the clip it up divided by the 4-section system taught by Tiffany Spaulding at the Scrap Rack.

 
 
Here is the 2 volume unmounted stamps I own. It's divided by the 4-section system taught by Tiffany Spaulding at the Scrap Rack as well.

I made a video of the pages of my stamp catalog but it will not upload. I may have to make 2 shorter videos. Then I'll post it and a look at what's in my Scrap Rack by section.

 
 
 
 
 
If you'd like to see where I started and the things I learned along the way, check out:



 
 
 



 
La-Vie

2 comments:

  1. Great job! Soooo many stamps. I'll know who to come visit when I'm in need of a particular stamp and you'll know right where to look! :-) Creative Blessings! Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I come play with your stamps?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.