Monday, March 11, 2013

Birthday Wishes

 
This quick birthday card was made to enter the DCC227 - Black, White & Red Designer's Choice Challenge at Repeat Impressions. I have been seeing a lot of project lately made with Washi tape and fabric tape. I thought I'd give it a whirl. This card came together so quickly, I think I will include these tapes in my normal rotation! The stamps, usually used to make flip cards, begged to be colored! I've included the colors I used below. The colorless blender helped to vary the colors even in the small candles. A quick bit of inspiration for ya!
 
Supplies:
  • Stamps - Repeat Impressions
  • Fabric tape - striped and paisley (stash)
  • Washi tape - red polka dot and black polka dot - Recollections
  • Card base  - Joann's basics white pre-cut card
  • Copics - 0, R24, R29, R59
  • Ink stampin' up black pigment ink

Wish me luck!


La-Vie
 

6 comments:

  1. I have been following you for the past two weeks and I think your cards are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila for keeping up with my creations and leaving such a nice comment for me. I'm smiling! xxx

      La-Vie

      Delete
  2. CUTE! I soooo need some washi tape! *hugs* Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Sarah, it's super cool and super quick. Most of all, it's so forgiving. the tack is low and can be respositioned until you're pleased. Get some fabric tape too. I used both on this project. I'm such an enabler (LOL) xxx

      La-Vie

      Delete

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.