Today I have a project inside of a project for ya! First, as an entry into the Repeat Impressions Sketch Challenge #M2013 I created this card based on the sketch provided (see below). I used punches and the creative memories shape cutting system to cut the circles and squares. My son Aidan (almost 4 years old at the time) and our Shih Tzu Barkley (named after Big Bird's dog) are great play partners.
Surprise!! I decided to use the card as an interactive part of a layout that I am entering into 2 other challenges. This layout is perfect for the "it's a dog's life" challenge at The Stamping Dragon. Since the subject is my darling boy and it's made almost entirely with scraps, it's also perfect for the mid-month challenge at About A Boy!
The layout features the card with the secret journaling and full sized picture. I've always wanted to try something like this and as simple as it is...I have never tried until today. The cute dog die cut was cut with from the Four Legged Friends Cricut Lite cartridge. All but the base paper - SEI Park Buddies: Doggy Treats - started as scraps from my stash.
and layers cut at 6" from the four legged friends cricut lite cartridge
- Adhesive - pink Scotch ATG and xyron
- SEI Park Buddies: Doggy Treats
- Basic Grey Mellow: Settle Down (patterned cardstock with the children and dogs)
- Camoflage paper: Crate Paper - Toy Box Collection: Library
- Card base - Bazzill
- Pet food paper (layer inside the card and under the picture on the card front) - Bo-Bunny Cat Treats Paper
- Everything else is from my stash from an unknown manufacturer