Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Lucky You, Lucky Me card


I'm loving the daily excitement of creating projects for challenges! You've got to give it a try! Today I am entering 4 challenges. The first is a sketch challenge: M613 Sketch Challenge (see below) at Repeat Impressions. The second is a color challenge: going green at Trendy Twine which calls for a St. Patrick's Day theme with a clover, leprechaun (or both),  Monochromatic green (shades of green; no other colors) and Trendy Twine or hemp if you don't own any of their brand.  The third is an "it's all about the green" (plus ribbon) theme at 3 Girl Jam. Last but not least - is an Action Wobble challenge called seeing double. They asked for a project that has two of something that's exactly the same and to use an action wobble. I think my project was a perfect marriage between the three challenges!

 
Supplies
  • Action wobble
  • DCWV pre-cut, textured, green card 5.5 x 5.5"
  • border- cardstock from my stash - floral punched with EK Success border punch
  • dark green patterned square - Bo Bunny Mama-Razzi slides
  • light green grid cardstock - stash
  • hemp twine - stash
  • ribbon - Wrights seam binding - green adorned with Dahlia embellishments Stampin' Up!
  • ink - Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Forest Moss to stamp the sentiment and ink all edges
  • shamrocks - DCWV Nana's Kids stack and Cricut lite cartridge Celebrate with Flourish cut at 1" real dial size ON
  • Sentiment - Stampin' Up! Afterthoughts (hostess)
  • creative memories corner rounder
  • X-acto knife for cutting a slit for the seam binding to pass through
  • adhesives: xryon, zots, scotch ATG, glossy accents


 
 
 
This  project was a journey! Keeping in line with all the requirements and still exerting my creativity while trying new techniques was exhilarating! Quite by chance, I ended up with 2 double elements -the shamrocks and the dahlia seam binding bows. I have been watching some folks outline die cuts with twine. I love the look but have no idea how they keep the twine straight and not gluey looking?! I struggled with outlining this simple shape using glossy accents. Any tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated!! Please leave it in the comments section. I am in love with my Stampin' Up dahlias and their stamps (of course!). They always seem to have a perfect saying for my projects. AND being organized with the ScrapRack allows me to be familiar with my stash and know exactly where to find it. That makes being creative so much easier and fun!
 

here's the action wobble!

On to the next adventure... my workout!! I promised my husband/trainer I would do it as soon as I posted this... gotta keep my word.


La-Vie

18 comments:

  1. This is a lovely card!!! Thanks for joining in the challenge at Trendy Twine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I have been wanting to enter your contests for a while and finally found the courage!

      La-Vie

      Delete
  2. LOVE this card!! Great job, and thanks for joining the Wobble Wednesday Challenge this week :)

    Jenny ~ Action Wobble DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny! Thanks so much. I'm enjoying using my action wobbles and participating in the challenges.

      La-Vie

      Delete
  3. This looks Amazing. Love your card. Thanks for joining our Monthly Challenge over at Trendy Twine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Using twine in new ways is fun anda learning experience... A great challenge.

      La-Vie

      Delete
  4. Very pretty! Love the border on this! Thanks for linking up with 3 Girl JAM!

    Julie
    http://3girljam.blogspot.com/
    http://3girljamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! That was the hardest part so your kind comment means a lot.

      La-Vie

      Delete
  5. Love the fun details! Thanks for sharing your project with us at Trendy Twine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great card! Love the shades of green, the action wobble and your take on the sketch!
    Thanks for sharing and playing along with Trendy Twine's Monthly Challenge~Going Green and the 3GJ Challenge~ It's All About Green w/Ribbon
    Jessica
    TT~DT
    3GJ~DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! I'm stepping out of my comfort zone with these challenges. Big fun!

      La-Vie

      Delete
  7. Great card! Love your take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us over at 3 Girl Jam Challenges! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is super cute...thanks for joining 3 Girl JAM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card! Thanks for joining in at 3 Girl Jam!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.