I'm loving the daily excitement of creating projects for challenges! You've got to give it a try! Today I am entering 4 challenges. The first is a sketch challenge: M613 Sketch Challenge (see below) at Repeat Impressions. The second is a color challenge: going green at Trendy Twine which calls for a St. Patrick's Day theme with a clover, leprechaun (or both), Monochromatic green (shades of green; no other colors) and Trendy Twine or hemp if you don't own any of their brand. The third is an "it's all about the green" (plus ribbon) theme at 3 Girl Jam. Last but not least - is an Action Wobble challenge called seeing double. They asked for a project that has two of something that's exactly the same and to use an action wobble. I think my project was a perfect marriage between the three challenges!
- Action wobble
- DCWV pre-cut, textured, green card 5.5 x 5.5"
- border- cardstock from my stash - floral punched with EK Success border punch
- dark green patterned square - Bo Bunny Mama-Razzi slides
- light green grid cardstock - stash
- hemp twine - stash
- ribbon - Wrights seam binding - green adorned with Dahlia embellishments Stampin' Up!
- ink - Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Forest Moss to stamp the sentiment and ink all edges
- shamrocks - DCWV Nana's Kids stack and Cricut lite cartridge Celebrate with Flourish cut at 1" real dial size ON
- Sentiment - Stampin' Up! Afterthoughts (hostess)
- creative memories corner rounder
- X-acto knife for cutting a slit for the seam binding to pass through
- adhesives: xryon, zots, scotch ATG, glossy accents
This project was a journey! Keeping in line with all the requirements and still exerting my creativity while trying new techniques was exhilarating! Quite by chance, I ended up with 2 double elements -the shamrocks and the dahlia seam binding bows. I have been watching some folks outline die cuts with twine. I love the look but have no idea how they keep the twine straight and not gluey looking?! I struggled with outlining this simple shape using glossy accents. Any tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated!! Please leave it in the comments section. I am in love with my Stampin' Up dahlias and their stamps (of course!). They always seem to have a perfect saying for my projects. AND being organized with the ScrapRack allows me to be familiar with my stash and know exactly where to find it. That makes being creative so much easier and fun!
|here's the action wobble!|
On to the next adventure... my workout!! I promised my husband/trainer I would do it as soon as I posted this... gotta keep my word.