Thursday, March 21, 2013

Stamp Scrap Art Tour in Oaks PA


Every year I travel to Oaks PA to get my fill at the Stamp Scrap Art Tour (SSAT) specializing in rubber stamps and paper crafts. I love this show because it is small and I can take my time and look through each and every booth. It's also easier to remain connected to the owners. I had the pleasure of having a few friends join me for the scraptastic weekend!! Shout out to Vicki, Christine, Ellen and Becky. We shut it down at the Make and Take it dessert party the night before the show. We, by far, had the most fun of all the crafters. My laugh was notoriously requested by some of the vendors I have come to know and love. It made me feel very good to know that my laughter and happiness helped brighten so many folks' evening.

Today I will share installment 1 of my haul. I was so happy that I bought with intention and often referenced my stamp, ink, pen, etc. catalog to make sure I wasn't duplicating any of my stash at home or buying something too similar to what I already have. Tiffany Spaulding at the ScrapRack taught me how to do it with her free online organization seminars.

Note: each company name is a link to their website. Please check them out. It's good stuff!



This was the first booth I went to. I fell in LOVE LOVE LOVE with the flat back "tin pin" embellishments. They are faces on buttons that fit perfectly on coordinating stamped images. I got the one called little chocolate faces and the stamp set called Eskimo Kisses. Here's an example from the booth of how the finished product looks.



I also was amazed by the Jet Ink Shrink plastic make n take they had. I cut out images the size of my hand and when heated they were reduced to the size of a necklace pendant! In the picture below you'll see I combined two of the images with twine to make an embellishment. I also hit the 50% off box to find bling and the cutest stamps.



 






















 



 
 
The detailed presentations at Inky Antics were amazing! I learned how to make those HoneyPop cards and bought some preliminary supplies to create them at home. They had the perfect layers tools and the Bow easy tools! I'll be sure to post projects using these tools soon.
 
 


 
 
 
 
I was on the hunt for pre-cut shaped cards and I loved the ones at Purple Daisy Designs. I've also gotten a lot of religious sentiments from here in the past.
 
 




I got some pre-cut card kits from Repeat Impressions. I'm going to try the peek-a-boo pop ups and the step cards. I got some more flip cards as well and two new flip card stamp sets.

 
 

I hit the clearance bin at Rubber Cottage for these Roxs and Stickles - a deal for less than $2 each.

 
 
 
 
I hope you'll consider patronizing these retailers. Tomorrow I will post the remainder of my haul. Stay tuned!
 
La-Vie
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful haul! Can't wait to see what create!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's exciting to have new tools to play with! I'll post the rest tomorrow. Stay tuned...

      Delete
  2. I'll have to try your bow easy tool. I was considering it but put it back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looked really easy but we'll see. There was a small and a big one. I got the small one. I liked the way you could make a single, double or triple bow.

      La-Vie

      Delete
  3. La-Vie,
    The Jet Ink Shrink sounds awesome. I'd love to see it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lynne, I'd like to make a video of the process but I need some tips from you first!

      Delete
  4. I'll have to go on the hunt for some of the Jet Ink Shrink -- did you get any? If so, have you tried it at home? At the show, did they shrink with an oven or hand-held blower/embosser?

    I SO LOVED meeting you and your gal-pals Christine and Vicky, and getting to play with Becky too. You're right -- our table was THE BEST and BRIGHTEST annnnnnd noisiest. We set that place on FIRE with antics, didn't we, WOOT-WOOT!!!

    I hope to see you again soon. Keep on crafting!

    Fondly,
    Ellen ♥ CardMonkey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ellen! Each company name is a link to the online store. I did get the ink jet shrink plastic from Darcie's. it's unique because it's white not clear. They used a heat gun to shrink it. We enjoyed you too!

      Delete
  5. I love Repeat Impressions. They have such great stuff don't they.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! They do! I love Wendy. She's so fun. Her card kits have really sparked my creativity.

      Delete

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.