Thursday, March 14, 2013

Just Keep Swimming Card

 

Today I am entering a co-challenge held by 3 Girl Jam Challenge #13 in conjunction with The Alley Way stamps. Each challenge has different rules but asks participants to glean inspiration from the picture below. 3 Girl Jam asked us to use a stamp and ribbon in the project and The Alley Way Stamps asked to use their stamps (if you don't have any digital free ones were provided). I included the images I used below as well. I was inspired by the stacking of the shapes in the picture and some of the colors. The Alley Way stamps I chose were irresistible and jumped out at me right away!

Crafty Tips: print digital stamps on white cardstock instead of paper to make sure it can handle the coloring. You can always use part of an image as I did today to bring across the theme. Also, if you don't have a trio for the color you want to use, use the colorless blender to lighten the color in areas to mimic shading. I used this tip with the top fish. BG09 is very dark. The blender allowed me to show contrast. With darker shades, such as the red (I did shading but it did not photograph well :[ errr! ) you may want to outline the shape with the black or the Copic multiliner to help corral the color. the red was hard to keep in place. Finally, coloring the background of your fussy cut digital stamps gives it a more cohesive look. I wanted the stamps to blend in but not fully to give it that underwater feel.

 
 
 
Supplies:
  • DCWV 5.5 x 5.5 pre-cut card: blue, DCWV glitter cardstock: blue
  • The Alley Way Stamps - digital Just keep swimming fish school and just keep swimming sentiment
  • Recollections - white cardstock 8 1/2 x 11" - printed TAW digital stamps
  • Wrights seam binding 1/2" wide tan
  • Recollections - blue bling
  • Jolee's all that bling- dimensional stickers
  • Copics - sentiment B0000, B00, B02, BG05; Fish: 0, BG09, B10/ C1, C3, C5/ R24, R29, R81
  • Adhesive: Xyron and scotch ATG
     
 
Wish me luck x2!
 
La-Vie
 
 
 

6 comments:

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.