Saturday, March 23, 2013

Make 'n Takes from Stamp Scrap Art Tour - Oaks PA


I love participating in the make 'n take night dessert party! 8 vendors do projects and you move from table to table with your group (when they tell you it's time to move) and there may be a special price (for that night only) for the kit to make the projects at home. Here are the projects we made in the order we made them.


Tessler Stamps/Stencils instructed us in making a cute piece of jewelry with Washi paper, glue and a square piece of glass. All it needs is the piece to string the necklace and the cord and voila!



Scrapigators taught this super cute tag! The outline is a die cut. We put it on double-sided tape, sprinkled with clear glitter and colored with Copics by laying the brush tip on it's side and laying on the color. Amazing! I decided to place both colors of ink on my tag. There was another style of cupcake with a harlequin wrapper and a cherry on top. I'm waiting for it to arrive in the mail since they sold out at the show.

 
 
Purple Daisy Designs lead us in this super cute, yet simple window card. I bought several packs of her pre-cut cards so that I can create to my heart's content!
 
 
 Rubber Cottage provided the pre-stamped background and Happy Birthday sentiment, while we were tasked with stamping the Chicken. Since it was a large stamp it was a bit difficult. (If only I had brought my red foam stamp mat!!!) This was my second try and it was almost perfect... I had to make my own sentiment though... otherwise the bird and the chicken wire didn't make sense with the sentiment. Hope you like it...!



Repeat Impressions' card was Bee-utiful!! Some of the images were already stamped and some were not. We did all the coloring. I love how it's a unique shape and how it has a tucked closure.





Just for Fun  had a interactive make 'n take. The spiral die creates the inside of the card. too cute and so easy!

 
 
Seaside Stampin' Ink was my 2nd fav of the night. It was fun to learn how to make this kind of layered card on glossy cardstock. I plan to make many of these in the future. Using my perfect layers tools of course!!
 



 Art Gone Wild had my favorite make 'n take of the night. I finally learned a simple way to create pop-up cards. Her special was $12 off for the set to create this card (and others). It included 2 dies and a stamp set that includes the border and several different sentiments.

 
 



I won a door prize from Art Gone Wild! It's a huge stamp. The image can be stamped and cut out or used whole. I was so happy I did an Irish jig!! It was close to St. Patty's day (don't cha know?!)

 
 
Wendy at Repeat Impressions is a fan of mine! She took this pic and posted to Facebook right after I won!! So cool!!
 



We got a swag bag as well, but since my friends are not as into stamping as I am, they always give me the extras that they don't want. The gelly roll pen is so glittery!!! Yeah!!!

 
 
If you haven't ventured to a scrap expo, please do! It's a great way to have me time, meet new friends, learn new techniques, take classes and to buy new tools to get your creative juices flowing! In a couple of weeks we're going to another one so I'll post my haul, class projects, winnings and the make 'n takes. I am going to participate in an ATC contest too so I'll post that as well.
 
Until next time, stay scrappy!!
 
 
La-Vie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.