Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Zora's Password Journal LO

 
I am enjoying participating in challenges! It's taking me out of my style, comfort zone and allowing me to get things done I would've pushed to the back burner! Won't you join me? Although the deadline is fast approaching there is still time to jump in!
 
This layout of my daughter Zora is my entry into the sketch challenge at Scrap Africa and the color challenge at Color Me Scrappy challenge blogs. Zora is my muse - the reason I started scrapbooking -  but I do not often scrap about her because her younger brother is who I'm scrapping these days. And, my first attempts at scrapbooking were horrible but so sentimental that I cannot move forward or go back. Have you ever felt like that? Well, today I am breaking the cycle and scrapping about my dear daughter. Now that's she old enough to ask for specific gifts, she asked for the Password Journal. Her aunt and uncle surprised her with it for Christmas last year. Here's her precious face after discovering the surprise.
 
 
 Supplies
  • Bazzill white, brown, green cardstock
  • Sandylion, Kelly Panacci Pink Mini Dots patterned paper
  • Top note: Cricut Cartridge - Storybook  cut at 2.75"
  • picture printed at 5x7 size and cut with Creative Memories circle cutter with the 5" circle and the red blade
  • Photo mat - cut with Creative Memories circle cutter with the 5" circle and the green blade
  • Flowers - Jolee's dimensional stickers
  • leaves, hand drawn and hand cut
  • pen - zig millennium black
  • eBosser to emboss the 12x12 white cardstock with the delicate dots folder
Crafty tips - if you don't have time to wait for the picture to dry, use your heat gun to speed the drying process. To emboss a 12x12 sheet in the eBosser fold the cardstock at the 8 1/2" mark. Feed through one way and then turn it around and run it through the other way. It will not pass completely through the machine due to the thickness. half your page will be embossed and half will be debossed. It's a neat look that most people will not even notice.

Color Me Scrappy color palate

Scrap Africa Sketch for Challenge #32

Wish me luck!!!!!!!

La-Vie

12 comments:

  1. Thank You for joining in at colormescrappy. Your DD looks very happy with her gift, I like the embossing, look forward to you joining us in more challenges
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh she was Dolly! thanks for your kind comments. The challenges are bringing back my mojo so you'll definitely see more posts from me, LOL!

      La-Vie

      Delete
  2. Beautiful!Love it!Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I am tickled pink to be scrapping along with folks across the world in the motherland!!

      La-Vie

      Delete
  3. Awwwww! Your layout is absolutely adorable! I love how you used the soft colors from this challenge! Thanks again, so much, for joining us at Color Me Scrappy!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon!!! I think light colors help the pictures take center stage! Glad you liked it!

      La-Vie

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing and playing along with us at Scrap Africa! The photo of your daughter is so very sweet! Love those blooms! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Denise! I'm loving the challenges at Scrap Africa!! They are bringing out the best in me.

      La-Vie

      Delete
  5. Such a cute photo :) I really love those flowers too! TFS with us at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bille-Jean (is not my lover...)!! I love Scrap Africa challenges!!

      La-Vie

      Delete
  6. Soooooooooooo beautiful! LOVING the flowers!! Thanks so much for playing along with Scrap Africa!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, I'm LOVING scrap Africa!! Thanks for your kind comments. They truly touched my heart!

      La-Vie

      Delete

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.