Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sandy Hook Ele. Snowfalkes (post 1)

 
When a tragedy like the one at Sandy Hook Ele. in CT happens it's so shocking and unbelievable. It touched me deep in my soul. I wanted to do something to help and I wanted my daughter (a 2nd grader) to help. I didn't know what to do. I felt helpless. My heart soared when the national PTA put out a call for schools and families to make snowflakes to create a winter wonderland atmosphere for the children when they returned to a new school in January 2013. I knew that was something we could do. I felt good knowing we could bring a smile to the children and faculty's faces.
 
My daughter operated my original expression while I manned the E2 and Imagine. It was exciting.
 
 
Surprisingly, Cricut has many, many unique snowflakes to cut across multiple cartridges. The snowflakes I am revealing today are from an oldy but goody - Speaking of Winter. This particular snowflake is a tag. A snowball tag that makes an "S" for Sandy Hook. I liked it because it already has the hole to hang it from. Using the fit to page option the tag was cut at over 11" which was perfect.
 
 
 
Here's another tag with a mitten cut outs. I used patterened paper from my purge box. It's a great way to whittle down the stash in the most satisfying way!
 
 
I loved this one because it's a snowflake inside of a snowflake. These cuts provide 2 extras - scraps that are beautiful shapes and a mask to use spray colors with to make my own snowflake patterned paper.
 
 
 
My next few posts will be show more of the snowflakes. Love is in the details....






La-Vie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.