Thursday, January 3, 2013

A star is born layout - Embellish It!- CKC Lancaster 2012


I cannot get enough of Embellish It!  This layout using Simple Stories Life Documented collection (i think) was taught at CKC Lancaster 2012. We learned how to take various sized squares of cardstock, roughly tear them into circles and ink the edges to make our own shabby chic, layered, flower embellishments.

I only added Thickers and a bow topped paper clip to the layout to make it my own. This layout will showcase my nephew's first pictures at birth. He is due any day now. I'm so excited!
 

I love the extras Shelby taught us to add to accent the cardstock which is already very designed. We cut a scrap of ribbon and staples it on top a banner that was already on the cardstock. We added a striped and dotted pieces of cardstock cut to resemble ribbon. And of course the shabby chic flowers complete with a hand cut and frayed canvas layer.




Layering and repeating elements creates a cohesive layout. I love balance and symmetry in my layouts. Happy New Year!


La-Vie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.