Friday, December 7, 2012

Shadowing with Copics - Clear and Simple Stamps at CKC Lancaster 2012



Here's my feeble attempt at giving you a flower basking in the sun while casting a shadow down on the ground. It's a technique I practiced in Copics class instructed by Clear and Simple Stamps at CKC Lancaster 2012. I'm sharing things I learned in classes there this month.

In this hour long class I learned quite a bit. It all started with yesterday's post. Picking up where I left off, I  learned how to 1. layer colors with Copic Trios, create a shadow, and how to erase mistakes (although it seems like I forgot to erase all mine here hmmmmm?!?) with the colorless Copic.

The best thing I learned was that I didn't have to own all the colors they list for the class. You can come with what you have and just have fun. Participants were willing to share markers. Crafters are the NICEST people....




This is my favorite card of the class! We learned how to make hearts just by touching the pen tip to the paper going slightly left and again going slightly right. It was fun to try out making small details on the elephant to represent his rough skin. The darker blades of grass were made in the same fashion as the hearts. The class was laid back but very engaging. I can't wait to see what they come up with next year!

Who's got some more great Copics tricks and tips to share? Please leave a comment below.


La-Vie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.