Sunday, December 9, 2012

Resist Technique - Dollar Scrapbooking - CKC Lancaster 2012

 
I'm here again to share a technique learned in the Thursday night technique workshop at CKC Lancaster 2012! Dollar Scrapbooking lead us in the resist technique with Luminarte and paintable papers. We worked on the left scrapbook page in class and had the option to buy the right hand page to do at home or at the crop. I HAVE to have the companion page because most of the time I use these pages in gift albums for my friends and family (since they are beautiful but usually not my style). I now own several colors of the H2Os and have used them on a project for the Christmas holiday - thanks to my new-found organization using The ScrapRack!
 
To tell you the truth... I would be quite afraid to layer all these patterns and colors myself so it was very cool to experiment under the lead of Dollar Scrapbooking. Here's a closer look at the first page.
 



We were given flowers that were white with silver heat embossed patterns on them. We used different colors of Luminarte Radiant Rain Twinkling H2Os to color in a random pattern. Using a paper towel we wiped off the color that settled on the embossed parts so they would show through. I love this effect! We were each given a huge transparancy quote to use on the page. I traded with someone else who had no use for "always together forever."


 
 
This is the second page I put together at home months later. The color instructions and pictures were very helpful. The layout is stunning and very shabby chic.
 
 


So I decided to use it for a friend's baby first year scrapbook (a best seller at C'est La-Vie Designs Unlimited, LLC!). Here's how a little personalization brought across the theme.




This layout documents the 9 months of pregnancy. I used opaque and transparent epoxy pregancy stickers as well as a bling "mother" sticker. Hey! A little bling makes everything better!




On the other page, I added some more of the opaque and transparent epoxy pregancy stickers from my stash including spots for small pics of closeup belly shots at 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Trimesters. My friends loved it and will enjoy adding pictures once the baby arrives. This to me is love personified. Sharing yoru heart, time and talents with others. [ can you hear my heart singing? ]


La-Vie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.