Monday, April 2, 2012

Heat Embossed Happy Birthday card


This birthday card was created by using two stamps from the Stampin Up! builder wheel line. There are several stamps you can stack together in a mix and match fashion to make your own special design. The handle can hold 1, 2 or 3 builder wheel stamps. I used 2 in this design.

The candle stamp is called "candle crazy" and the happy birthday stamp is called 'birthday." These stamps are round and are stamped by loading them into a handle and rolling the stamps across the paper. It usually has a self inking feature but this time I used a versamark ink pad so that I could heat emboss with gold embossing powder.

I find it quite a challenge to keep the stamping straight. This was my first shot at it and although I am pleased with it, it is slightly crooked.  I have since started using a metal ruler to help me stay on the straight and narrow. LOL.

In order to get the image across the whole card front I had to stamp it twice. My tips are: if the stamp has words, make sure the words are going the right way and that the words are beginning of the word or phrase before you start stamping. I am right handed so I roll it from left to right which makes the words stamp backwards. I suggest you put a larger piece of scrap paper underneath so you can make sure the stamping goes across the entire project. roll off both edges of the project and onto the scrap paper. Always use even pressure.

Happy Stamping!

La-Vie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.