Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter Card for the First Lady


My daughter Zora often asks me to craft. During our last craft session I taught her how to heat emboss. On this particular day, I figured we'd try out a new Easter stamp I had picked up from Hobby Lobby and the heat embossing technique. I figured I also would show her some basic shading techniques with the Copics markers. She did a great job coloring with minimal mistakes. (I did, however, use the colorless blender in several spots to clean up.)

Supplies
Jo-Ann Craft Essentials White A2 Card & Envelope
Thickers glitter chipboard letters
Versamark Ink
Recollections Opaque Lilac Embossing powder
SEI Poppy Mat Stack
Ribbon from my stash
Copics - Chicks: Y06, B0000 Eggs: BG06, R85 G02


Zora then came up with a narrative for the inside of the card. This is the neatest I have ever seen her write! I was very impressed with the message and the penmanship. Writing is an area she struggles with.

Once she discovered we were invited by Mocha Moms Inc. to attend the Presidential Easter Egg Roll this past Monday, she was convinced that this card was made for Michelle Obama. We were given the commorative wooden egg as a souvenir. Unfortunately, we did not see her at the event. Someone from the Obama family read a story for the crowd under the guise of "special guest" and with every other exciting activity going on, Zora didn't chose story time. She wanted to see the McClain sisters and Zandaya perform.


I will find a way to mail this card to the First Lady. Hopefully she received it and responds. My daughter's loving heart depends on it!



La-Vie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.