Friday, April 6, 2012

Religious Birthday Card Set


I have lots of views of this religious birthday card set I created for a client. I just wanted you to be able to see each card type and the packaging. I used pink cardstock from Bazzill and multi-colored cardstock from DCWV. The stamped sentiments are from Stampin Up! in the set called "God's Blessings."


These cards are created with one of my favorite Cricut carts - Damask Decor. I love using pattened paper to cut the damasks. On the inside of the card you can see what one of the patterns looked like originally. It looks nice, but once the damask is cut (as seen above and below) the pattern looks spectacular.


I love most ribbon but my favorite kind right now is seam binding! It comes in a variety of colors and is very pliable. I like that I can package it and once it's unpackaged it fluffs back up just fine instead of being crushed.


Each card in the set has a different Damask design created with different cardstock. But all are stamped with the same two sentiments. My favorite of this set is in the picture above on the left. My tip is that using a spray adhesive to attach the Damask is the best way. However, it is important to have a layer of newspaper out so you can spray and immediately adhere the Damask or it will lift up because it has become repositionable. (bad bad bad!) so work diligently, cleanly and fast.

The packaging I used is a clear acrylic box that held the cards and the envelopes. I got a package of 8 from Denami Designs Rubber Stamps. They come flat and ready to fold.

front

back

side
La-Vie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.