Thursday, February 19, 2015

Anna Griffin Cuttlebug on Kraft Card using Elizabeth Craft "innies"


Do you know what an "innie" is? Well my dear crafter, it's what's left over when you use an Elizabeth Crafts outline sticker. I always thought about using them but never did until now. There's a trick to using the "innies" to create the reverse of the exact same image. I created the focal for my generic blank card by using the "innies" and a chalkboard sticker.


I started out with kraft cardstock by Recollections and embossed a beautiful Anna Griffin/Cuttlebug design. Then I cut out the backing paper that held the "innies" and applied Cricut transfer tape, burnished it HARD and then transferred the innies as a group over to white Recollections cardstock. After burnishing it again, I pulled off the transfer tape at a diagonal to make sure everything stayed put.

I hand cut along the edge of the design to form the focal for the card and adhered a chalkboard tag sticker from my stash (Mambi maybe?) for the sentiment. I finished off the look by adding faux stitching with a unable signo white pen.

Have your tried this technique? If not, will you give it a try?

La-Vie


Challenges:

Please follow me on social media and help spread the word about me.
Pinterest

7 comments:

  1. What a cool technique! I will definitely try this one. So happy you joined us for the Words 2 Scrap By Do Something Different Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card ... so elegant! bl

    ReplyDelete
  3. And, I thought your first card was creative! What a great idea for making use of this innie. :)

    Thanks for joining us twice for our do-something-different challenge at Words 2 Scrap By! We're so glad you did. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wawwww så super flot ♥

    10000 tak for at du deltager på Card and scraps udfordring.

    knuzzzz ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card

    Thanks for joining us at Card and Scrap challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card..
    Thanks for joining us at Sisters of Craft, and good luck.

    Hugs,
    Merlina

    ReplyDelete

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.