Sunday, February 1, 2015

Happy Birthday Card using Gelatos, Wink of Stella, Color Me Card Toppers and Tim Holtz Distress Ink


I've been playing with an American Crafts card base, Gelatos by Faber-Castell and Wink of Stella brush glitter markers! This 5 x7" happy birthday card was made with a Color Me Card Topper and sentiment, Tim Holtz Distress Ink and Recollections bling!


I've watched many videos that show how easy it is to work with Gelatos and a baby wipe applied directly to the project. I found it easy to do in large areas, however, the smaller areas were more challenging and didn't lend well to my design aesthetic. So I remedied the situation by using Wink of Stella. I also applied Gelatos to a craft mat and picked up the color with a fine paintbrush dipped in water to add in the confined areas. I liked that much better.



Have you tried Gelatos? What's your experience, tips and tricks?

La-Vie

Anything Goes (and other) Challenge listings found at Paper Playful:

8 comments:

  1. What an adorable card! I haven't tried Gelatos yet but is on my list of techniques to try!! BL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card! Love the added bling too! I like the watercoloring technique with gelatos. I am making my daughters baby shower invites. I chose 4 gelato colors and painted them on like a rainbow and then ran them through my embosser. I also tried gelatos on a stamp but I think I need more practice with that one. I didnt care for the way it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card. thank you for sharing with us at Robyn's Fetish Challenge. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty thank you for joining us at lil patch of crafty friends
    linda DT member x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent card, love the print behind. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous card! Gorgeous colours. thanks for joining us at stamping sensations this month and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely...haven't tried gelatos yet

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful card and such pretty colours. well done on getting to grips with Gelatos, I haven't tried them yet.
    Thank you for joining in with the Scribble & Scrap challenge and good luck x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.