Saturday, February 14, 2015

A Best Friend... Rubbernecker and Impression Obsession Stamps


Do you make friendship cards? How do you successfully use up patterned paper you don't like? Well, I have found that making cards for friends is so enjoyable.  It's been a way to express the sassy, funny side of crafting - a real way for my personality to come in. These corresponding stamps by Rubbernecker really fit the bill. And, I was able to use paper I didn't prefer by using a distressed Impression Obsession background stamp on top. My favorite technique these days is coloring with Copic Markers.



 seemingly innocent image becomes sinister once the sentiment is expressed. I love it! 



Supplies:

  • Recollections 110 lb white cardstock 
  • Stampin' Up! patterned cardstock
  • Copic X-press It Blending Card
  • Rubbernecker - sentiment ( a best friend) and main image (best friend)
  • Impression Obsession - sunburst background stamp
  • Stash - enamel dots
  • Copic Markers
  • Memento - Tuxedo Black ink
  • Colorbox - chalk ink


 seemingly innocent image becomes sinister once the sentiment is expressed. I love it! 

Thanks for stopping by!

La-Vie

Challenges

Please follow me on social media and help spread the word about me.
Pinterest

12 comments:

  1. Very sweet card, love the adorable image you used! I just love the idea of using up scraps of paper! BL

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card and love that you used some not so loved paper in your card bl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I love the sentiment!!!! BL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Card! love the colour scheme that you used La Vie.
    Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge" Anything Goes". Good Luck with the Challenge, Denyse x

    ReplyDelete
  5. a great card. Thank you for sharing with us at The Crafting Cafe Challenge. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey La Vie, great to see you still making cards. This one is soooo cute. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Use a Stamp or Digi for February Challenge and Good Luck! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card..
    Thanks for joining us at Sisters of cCraft, and good luck.

    Hugs,
    Merlina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol! I love it! Thanks for playing in the Favourite Technique challenge over at The Crafting Cafe this month!
    I hope you can play next time too!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is such a fun card!!!! Totally love the inside sentiment. Great details and fab way of using the paper!!!!

    Thanks for joining the monthly challenge here at SLS Lines challenge. Hope you will join us next time DT Crafting Vicky.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.