Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Zora's Sympathy Card


My daughter Zora (age 7) wanted to make a sympathy card for her beloved teacher who lost her grandmother recently. Due to completing my organization challenge, my reward was teaching my daughter one new craft technique each week. I asked her to pick a letter from the alphabet. She picked "P" so I taught her how to use punches.

She chose the Martha Stewart scallop dot punch and expertly executed this double sided border. She watched some of the 24 hr HSN craft day last month and saw Martha doing that method. The card is stamped with sentiments from The Stamps of Life. I am a proud stamp of the month member. We cut the butterfly out of beautiful paper I had in my stash. The base card was from Die Cuts With a View.

This was a 2-for because I also showed her the basics of good stamping and let her use my Darice pad that I use under all my stamping when it has to be perfect. It was a great bonding time for us.


inside the card

Zora was super psyched about this post and adding more to her board on my Pinterest account.

On back: zora's signature with a stampin' up stamp

Please show your love to my baby girl...


La-Vie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.