Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Live, Laugh, Love card


For the spa, where my cards are available - Amare Hair Salon, I wanted to show a variety of craft skills. Today I'm showcasing dry embossing. It all started with a green (picture doesn't show the color well) textured card by DCWV 5.5" x 5.5" square. I embossed the card using the cuttlebug machine and the cuttlebug embossing folder from the love is in the air set. I've had this fabric tape in my stash for a while and was glad to try it out on this card. It's a great alternative to using regular ribbon with a bow.



This card is for love or marrige or anniversary. The stamp is from Stampin' Up! full of life stamp set. It's such a sweet sentiment. I'm sure this one will bring the recipient joy! Especially since it will have a spa gift card in it.


La-Vie

2 comments:

  1. What a pretty card, La-Vie! I love the sentiment inside and the embossing came out just beautifully!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Merilee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Merilee!! The DCWV cards are amazingly strong. I was impressed that the embossing didn't cut through. It's happened to me with kraft cardstock before with intricate designs. Now that I am organized (with my ScrapRack)I try to create untraditional cards that bring across a warm fuzzy. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for stopping by!

      La-Vie

      Delete

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.