Monday, November 14, 2011

Upscale Instant Scrapbook for Kara's Baby Girl


(Page 2 and 3 of 20)

I love a good 2 page layout! This base design was designed by Embellish It! During the class we put together the left hand page. I then bought the kit for the right hand page at the vendor show. I learned how to extend design elements so that the two pages look seamless even though there actually is a break between the pages. This type of layering, flowering making and design esthetic are now a part of my repetoire. It was a fast-paced fun class. I highly recommend Creating Keepsakes conferences.

I never create layouts without a purpose. So all the layouts from the classes I attended sat in my cabinet for months. Then, the opportunity to create a gift album for my friend Kara came about. She was a mom who wasn't as in to the pink baby girl themes. This type of sophisticated layout was just what the doctor ordered! So I added several embellishments, including the pregnant lady on the right, to create the 9 months layout. The pregnant lady, cut from Cricut Cartridge Everyday Pop Up, has followed Kara through her pregnancy. I used her on the congrats your preggers card, her blessingway invite and now in her instant scrapbook. These pages will highlight the 3 trimesters of pregnancy to show how the mom grew over the months. An opaque pen could be used to journal in untraditional places. This layout was perfectly received.

Stay tuned...

La-Vie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.