Monday, November 7, 2011

Trick or Treat?



My first grader is an avid reader, so when the oppotunity arose to lead the Halloween craft at her school, I signed up. With a 15 min. timeframe tops for 23 children it was a hard decision to make. I wondered which craft can I effectively lead in such a short time? I decided that a bookmark would be an efficent craft with an effective use.

This is the first bookmark I've made using the Cricut. It was so quick and easy. The bookmark base is cut from black DCWV chipboard. The Cricut Circle exclusive cart Sophie has many bookmark shapes. I used LABL10 cut at 6" and used a Stampin' Up! stamp from the holiday best set. My new favorite opaque white ink is archival brilliance - moonlight white. It stamped a vivid white impression on the black chipboard without fail.

The bookmark was topped with a 2-layer monster from Cricut Cartridge Mini Monsters - gross cut at 2". The top layer is blue DCWV metallic cardstock. Adding the 4mm google eyes just set it off! The children went to town decorating the bookmark with designs using opaque colored markers and pens by American Crafts, Marvy and Inkssentials. Lastly, we added a shimmer to the bookmarks by adding Tsukineko sheer shimmer sprtiz - frost.

I cut and stamped the bookmarks, ran the blue layer of the ghost through the xyron and added the google eyes to mini glue dots ahead of time, but the children assembled and adorned it all in class.

good planning + good execution = huge crafting success!

La-Vie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.