Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Upscale Instant Scrapbook for Kara's Baby Girl


(pg 6 & 7 of 20)
I learned how to make this 2-page layout in a Creating Keepsakes class called "Think Ink." Craft cardstock, the brown cardboard looking base layer is hot right now in scrapbook design and cards as well. We learned to I learned the masking technique used with stamps. To leave empty space in the middle of the image we applied painter's tape to the middle of the stamp, inked it and then removed the tape before pressing it to the page. Amazing! The result is at the top of the right page. I also learned how to carry over elements from one page to the other to create a continuous scene.


We used ink to set apart aspects of the layout. The ornate umbrella was cut from Cricut Cartridge Tie the Knot and I added some bling to make it stand out. The layout will highlight Kara's co-ed shower of family and friends.

La-Vie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.