Thursday, May 26, 2011

Mom-to-be Congrats Cards

Two great friends of mine are expecting their first child! To celebrate I created these cards and sent 2 of my favorite pregnancy books - Baby Bargains by Denise & Allan Fields and The Mocha Manual to a Fabulous Pregnancy by Kimberly Seals-Allers.



I am very happy with how these cards came out. I used Bazzill cardstock is two shades of pink for the card base. The card was cut at 6" from Cricut Cartridge Everyday Pop-up Cards on page 56. On the same page is the pregnant lady and layers cut at 5". The gold metallic used on the outside and inside of both cards is ANW Crestwood Shimmer Sand Metallic card stock. The clothing layers and the side stripe was cut from S.E.I. Poppy Paper stack. The ribbon is Wings: Vineyard Berry from Close to my Heart. I inked the pointed edges of the card with Encore Ultimate Metallic ink in Satin Rose to make it stand out from the straight edge of the card.

I have been more deliberate about finishing the inside of my cards. This time I played with embossing and debossing using the Sizzix Scrollmark folder from the Wedding Set #2 in my Cuttlebug. The picutre shown is the debossing, so the image is sunken in rather than raised. The corners were rounded with Creative Memories corner rounder. The stamped sentiment is from Stampin Up! The outside stamp is from my stash. In order for the stamping to come out right I used the Darice Rubber Stamp Pad underneath my work.

La-Vie

1 comment:

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.