Friday, May 20, 2011

College Graduation Invite

A good friend of mine hired me, C'est La-Vie Designs Unlimited, LLC, (sounds so official!) to create her oh-so-important Graduation invites. I applaud her accomplishments for gaining her degree while working full time and being a mother to several children. BRAVO! You are my hero and a super woman for sure!


The card, layers, sentiment and evelope are cut from Cricut Cartridge Wild Card cut at 7.5". Almost all of the categories were cut - phrase, icon, liner, blackout and the main image. I used American crafts foil cardstock for the phrase cut at 1". The tassle was run through the Cuttlebug embossing folder candy cane stripe and swiss dots was used on the round circle on top of the tassle.


I lined the invites with acid and lingnin free - Wausau Paper - Astrobrights 24 lb paper printed from my inkjet printer. It took quite a while to get the text in the right spot so that I could cut it with a flipped image of the invite on my Cricut Expression.


The diploma icon is a great place to put the recipient's name since these were planned for hand delivery.


I lined the envelopes for an extra flair. Word to the wise.. .the tassle did not fit in the envelope as is. I had to fold it in half (which I was not happy with) so I would suggest (putting the tassle on the right - duh I didn't even think about that) making the tassle smaller. All in all, I was very happy with the results and so was my client. She even tipped me!! Hot dog!! Guess I am a legitimate business now!

La-Vie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.