Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Hello Kitty Graduation Card for Zora


Yesterday, I created this card for my Daughter Zora who graduates from Kindergarten soon. This is my first use of the Hello Kitty Salutations Cricut Cartridge and I am very happy with the results! I wanted to do a trifold card with the Hello Kitty image hanging over the edge as a way to open the card.

Inside I used a Martha Stewart punch around the page punch called Heart Chain to embellish the other half of the card front. In line with the theme I embossed the other front side of the card with Cuttlebug - Heart Blocks. It was the perfect match.


For the inside of the card I used EK success sticko glitter font stickers, Zig Calligraphy pen in Pure Pink and Mod Designs rub ons for the 3 layered flower accent. I was amazed to find out this trick. When I punched the heart border first and then embossed with the cuttlebug folder on the outide, the inside of the card became embossed from the punch I used. I had never tried this before and had never even thought of that effect happening. So to accent the embossed edge on the white cardstock, I wisked hot pink chalk from EK Success over the design. I will be using this subtle technique deliberately in the future. It really helped to tie eveything in. And I didn't have an exclamation point available to me in this font set, so I took a one and cut off a bit at the bottom to make an exclamation point.

 Here is a standing view of the card again. I just love the playfulness of this card and think it is perfect for my 6 year old.



We are giving Zora her first real charm bracelet from the Miss Chamilia line. It's a new line for Chamilia and it is perfecr for young girls. This bracelet is tiny and the beads are tiny to match. I cannot wait to see her face when she sees this bracelet! There are two bigger sizes so that older girls can use this line too. I found it to be much more affordable than Pandora who doesn't have a child's line and all the others. The charms are between $15 and $25 each and I think the bracelet was $30. Check it out!

Recipe
  • Cricut Cartridge Hello Kitty Greetings - pg 60 cut at 5.5"
  • Cuttlebug Embossing Folder heart blocks
  • ribbon from stash - bought at Micheal's
  •  Bazzill basics white card stock & premium pink cardstock
  • American Crafts foil cardstock - red
  • Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page - Heart Chain
  • Creative memories corner rounder
  • card base 12" x 5"
La-Vie

9 comments:

  1. You did an awesome and beautiful job on your card. I know that Zora will love this card. What a special card to commemorate a special day.
    The bracelet is also beautiful.
    Congratulations Zora on gratuating and now becoming a First Grader. I know your mommy is really proud of you. I can see all the love she has through this card and the special bracelet she has shared with the world here on her blog. Congratualtions Zora!

    aloha from Hawaii
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, thank you so much for your kind comments and well-wishes for my Zora! I cannot believe you are in Hawaii and I am in PA communicating! Very cool. I'm so glad you liked my creation.

    La-Vie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Love LOVE the Hello Kitty card for your daughter!! Would you make Hello Kitty Graduation invitations to sell?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Yae. Thank you so much for your kind comment. I am glad you love this Hello Kitty card. Yes, I would be glad to make Hello Kitty graduation invites for a fee! It's what I do! To discuss it further, please email me at LAVIE_BORDEPERRY at yahoo.com (just wrote it that way so I won't get spammed later). I look forward to hearing from you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am definetly in love! I would love to have these for my graduation. Please email me as soon as possible: mayers.aaliyah@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aaliyah. Congrats on your upcoming graduation! I know a lot of hard work went into it. Thanks so much for your kind comment! I have contacted you by email with a questionnaire so we can get started on your Hello Kitty invites! Looking forward to hearing from you!

      La-Vie

      Delete
  6. This is awesome. I love the trifold idea with Hello Kitty as the opening point. Thanks for sharing your wonderful ideas and talents with us.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.