Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Instant Scrapbook Baby Boy - Cover and Page 1

It's been quite a while, but let's just say life and clients got in the way! I'm delighted to be back and to share a project I created for a baby shower gift. A friend of mine wanted to give her sister-in-law a very personal, yet useful gift for her second child. What do you give to the person who already has all the big baby stuff? That's right...an instant scrapbook so that she can easily record her new baby's first year.

This was quite an undertaking because I had never created a scrapbook without pictures before and was very nervous about creating pages that forced someone to use pictures of a certain size etc. But I quickly got over it and created a product that I am very proud of. And it was very well received by the mother-to-be so mission accomplished!


The album is by Recollections. It's a boy is printed on Bazzill basics white cardstock and cut at 10" with my Cricut Imagine Nursery Tails cart. The font stickers are from my stash and the foot and hand prints are from Stickopotomus. Finally, the blue button stickers (that remind me of that candy that came stuck to paper strips when I was a kid) is from Clear & Simple Stamps in the color called Your style blue me away.


I wanted the first page to showcase the family the baby was being born into. I pulled out the autumn leaves 6-min scrapbooker family set I purchased from Wal-Mart some time ago and found the perfect coordinated items, such as a journaling block, ribbon, embellishments, etc. for this page. DCWV adhesive mat stacks are the best for quick placement of pictures.
  • Our family - chipboard stickers - autumn harvest collection
  • family names in black - EK Success sticko dimensional font stickers
  • mom's name - mark richards crystal stickers - crystal script alphabet
  • Best occasions metal dots
  • DCWV adhesive mat stack (neutrals)
  • creative memories corner rounder
La-Vie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.