Thursday, March 6, 2014

Teacher Appreciation - Vinyl Decorated Reusable Cups


After watching Joy's video from Obsessed with Scrapbooking on YouTube, I started collecting these cups every now and again from Dollar tree in the hopes to embellish them for teacher appreciation week. Thanks for the inspiration Joy Tracey!!










Supplies:

  • Cups - Dollar Tree
  • Vinyl - Oh My Crafts!
  • Top note - CTMH Art Philosophy cart and layer cut at 3.5" relative size
  • Polka dots - Cricut Essential cart (in E2) - .75", 1', 1.25" real dial size
  • Vinyl Kiss cut on E2 - blade set to 1, speed 3, depth 3, multi-cut 1
  • Monogram - CTMH Artbooking cart - font cut at 1.75" real dial size
  • Cricut transfer tape
  • 12x24 cricut mats

I've gotten a jump start on them but need YOUR HELP!! I plan on making tag cards to attach with ribbon to the straw but what should I put inside?? I have some easter grass for the bottom but wondered if I should put in one of the following:

  1. chocolate kisses
  2. drink mix sticks (those individual ones you add to water to make a beverage)
  3. a gift card
  4. something else??
Please let me know your best guess at what teachers would love for a small appreciation gift this year. I'll update you when the votes are tallied and the cups are complete. Who knows? I might give a prize to one lucky commenter... you never know... so stay tuned.

Thanks!!

La-Vie

8 comments:

  1. Cute idea La-Vie! What if you put some sharpie's inside and had the tag say something like thanks to you my mind is sharp? Otherwise...I'd go with the kisses since drink sticks you could end up with something the teacher wouldn't drink and gift cards could get expensive depending on how many teachers you are making for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your suggestions Lyne! I love there idea of matching the contents and the meaning to the message on tag card! If I did go with tea I could say you're Tea-riffic or you're my cup of tea. Expense is an issue... I have 20 of these to hand out between both my kids' schools.

      La-Vie

      Delete
  2. You can put in them kool-aid, lemonade, tea or etc. I really believe that they will love the cups.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Dorothy! I do want to put some kind of drink in there. Tea sounds summery... hmmm. tea with lemon or peach tea but a really high quality one. I am really liking your idea!

      La-Vie

      Delete
  3. Hey La-Vie,
    Before I even saw your suggestions, I was thinking of assorted powered drink packets and those fast flats by Dr. Scholl's ( for female teachers) They come in a package that doesn't ben easy, but it also has a carrying case for the little slippers that fold down compact and would be able to fit in the cup perfectly. oh and Btw in case you haven't seen the slippers I am speaking of I have found them at CVS...
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your suggestions! I went with the crystal light and a note pad/ pen set.

      Delete
  4. So cute! How long would it take if I ordered 40!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. I'd love to discuss this further. Can you email your request and your contact info to lavie_bordeperry at yahoo.com please combine it as a normal email address because I'm trying to avoid spam by typing it the normal way here. Thanks!

      Delete

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.