Monday, March 3, 2014

XOXO Gap Card



As a part of the Just Us Crafty Girls craft group on Facebook I participated in a Gap Card swap for Valentine's Day. The hostess was also participating in the swap so I created two versions of the card so that she wouldn't have 2 of the same (because hostess gets one set of the swap cards regardless). There's a wealth of tutorials on this card and many others at a blog called Beccy's Place.


I'm really fond of washi tape these days! I applied 3 different patterns (polka dot, pink solid and red patterned) on the edge of the card. It helped to apply scotch ATG adhesive where the ends of the tape lay to make sure they don't curl off of the card (can't stand that!!).

Supplies:
  • DCWV card stacks: parchment, speckled, DCWV patterned paper: 12x12 Sweetheart
  • XOXO - Cricut American Alphabet cut at 1.25" real dial size
  • Washi Tape from Anna Griffin and Recollections - 3 different widths and patterns 
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink and Applicator Festive Berries
  • Zots Glue dots - bling
  • Scotch ATG

Which do you like the best? The vertical or the horizontal version? I hope you enjoyed this post and will come back soon to see more of my creations. Thanks!

La-Vie

Challenges:






6 comments:

  1. Cute card! Thanks for sharing at The Crafting Cafe this time!
    Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. very unique card! I too am lovin' Washi tape! Thanks for joining us at SACC this week. Good Luck.
    Maureen, DT member

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love this! Great with the cut out letters! and the washi tape look fantastic

    Thank you for joining our Anything Goes Challlenge at Crafty Catz this week! Good luck!
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card La-Vie - I really like the gap idea

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great card love the style and colour.Thank you for joining in at Ali-Craft.

    Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  6. this card is absolutely gorgeous! the colours work brilliantly, and I'm a huge fan of cut out cards..all in all a fantastic creation :) thank you for joining us at JFF for the anything goes! Rachel, JFF DT

    ReplyDelete

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.