Friday, February 25, 2011

Birthday Celebration for Zora!





My Daughter's 6th Birthday at Sweet & Sassy - a V.I.P Pajama Party - was a big blow out! 19 girls had the time of their lives! I was able to create the invitations, cake and cupcake toppers, goody bag labels and thank you notes all using my Cricut Imagine and the Best Friends Cartidge. Friends and family were impressed by all of the coordination. That's when my card business began and folds started ordering left and right.

The invitation is based on an example in the Best Friends cartridge. I was able to print and cut the pretty African American girl with her robe and slippers. The sleepover label is also found on that cartridge. The cardstock is all from Die Cuts With a View - Nana's nursery paper stack for girls. I printed the details on my computer and added ribbon from my stash. I used the scrapsand Die Cuts With A View pocket of posies stack to make the thank you cards and just the head of the girl. The Imagine lets you print and cut in layers so that only certain aspects of a design can be chosen. The stamp is from Stampin Up! Cello treat bags were decorated with the slumber party tags and tied with ribbon.


The cake and cupcake toppers were made from mirror images of the girl's head (using the flip feature on the imagine) and sandwich picks. Sandwhich picks are sturdier and longer than toothpicks. I used wooden skewers for the cake decoration. baby girl HAD to have her own cake instead of one of the cupcakes. 6 year old demands...geesh. I cut the skewers to size once I attached the mirror images of the design elements.


La-Vie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.