Monday, September 30, 2013

Get Inky! Stamps Challenge 14: Fall Colors


Today a new challenge is posted to the Get Inky! Challenge Blog!
Pull out those fall colors and create a project to wow us! 


My project is a square card with vellum punched layers featuring a sentiment stamp from Get Inky! Stamps' Love Bugs available on Etsy. I punched all three layers of vellum at once and an oily substance was left behind. Next time I would incorporate some paper to see if the oil would still leak through.


Here's a closeup of the sentiment and some of the leaves and acorns that were left over once I punched the vellum. I love that the punch leaves behind usable confetti. I also love the jute and the rustic flatback buttons. 


One last view with the changing leaves. Makes me wanna pull out my jean jacket and leggings. Enjoy the season! Can't wait to see your fall-inspired projects!

Supplies:

  • Get Inky! Stamps - Love Bugs available on Etsy
  • Lara's Crafts - Jute Twine
  • Favorite Findings - wooden flatback leaf and acorn buttons
  • Stamp on It - A2 Vellum Bright color pk 1 (text weight)
  • Tombow Vellum mono adhesive
  • EK Success - falling leaves punch
  • Zots glue dots - bling and petite
  • Memento - Tuxedo black ink
  • DCWV 5x5 card in green
La-Vie

p.s. I love your comments!! Load 'em on me!!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful work la-vie still can believe you took this out side just beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. I love the coloured vellum you've used. I've heard demonstraters on C & C say about an oil being on new punches but that punching with paper a few times clears it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Gwyneth! Thanks so much! I am going to try that with my punches! It almost ruined everything!

      La-Vie

      Delete
  3. I love the bright colors of this card next to the neutral twine. Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dayna girl!! Thanks for stopping by and giving me such great feedback on my work! SMILING....

      La-Vie

      Delete
  4. wow love your blog and the challenges too, could you please help me as l am trying to enter the get inky challenge autumn colours and gone wrong, as my photo is not displayed right, my entry is 55 Theresa d, please could you help me on this thankyou x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Theresa! Thanks for the compliments! I hope you got my message about your entry. It's A-OK.

      La-Vie

      Delete

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.