Thursday, September 5, 2013

CKC Lancaster 2013 - Nicole Petersen Class


At CKC Lancaster this year, I took a class called Backgrounds by You from Nicole Petersen Designs. This was an uncharacteristic class for me since I am not usually a messy scrapper. It was twice as expensive as other classes (because of all the products you receive), but very informative. I'd definitely recommend it! So, I thought I'd share the projects I made in class.

This butterfly paper was one of my favorites! Starting with a white piece of 12x12 cardstock, we learned how to color it and create the polka dotted butterflies using the kiss method. 


We started out by rubbing a Tea Dye Distress Ink pad directly on the cardstock to coat it. Then, we inked a foam butterfly stamp using Broken China Distress Stain. Before stamping, we coated a polka dot foam stamp with Picket Fence Distress Stain. Now the magic happens, we pressed the polka dot stamp onto the butterfly stamp and then stamped randomly across the page. I decided to go along one edge. Last, we spritzed with shimmer spray.  I love how it came out! Don't you?

It was my first time working with Distressed Stains. It will not be my last! Ha ha!! Here are the stamps we used. They come permanently attached to a hard acrylic square which makes them much easier to use (in my humble opinion).


Have you used the "kiss" method with your stamps before? If so, fill me in! Thanks for stopping by!

La-Vie


2 comments:

  1. Very cool idea - can't wait to see you at Scrapbook Expo later this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lyne! Thank so much! I am not sure I am going to go to the EXPO. I have so much in my craftroom right now that I am hoarding I have no right tempting myself. But I did want to see which vendors come etc. And there are a few key items I do need, but I am not sure I can control myself. So I might just stay put.

      La-Vie

      Delete

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.