Friday, September 6, 2013

Nicole Petersen Designs class project - CKC Lancaster


I'm back with another background made in the Backgrounds by You class taught by Nicole Petersen Designs at CKC Lancaster this past July. If you'd like to see the first project I posted check it out here.

This time we took white cardstock (12x12) and created a wave pattern using a template. I was so happy to get the template I didn't know what to do! I actually lost it and took the time to go back to the booth and then back to the classroom to get another. I was NOT leaving without my wave template. Nope. LOL!

This was an amazing technique I think anyone can apply! We were given a craft mat as a part of the class materials. We added some Broken China Distress Stain and mixed it with water to make a color wash to apply to the whole sheet of cardstock.  After it dried a bit, we used the template and the Tim Holtz ink applicator to apply Broken China Distress Ink in a circle motion in order to transfer the wave pattern to the cardstock.

Here's the wave template. Simple but very effective. I am going to try to make my own templates with my Cricut and some acetate. Have you ever made your own templates and created backgrounds in this way? Do share your experiences! Thanks!



La-Vie

9 comments:

  1. Very cool background La-Vie. You could use your cricut to make Kiwi-Lane type templates too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right Lyne! I just have to find just the right border. Kiwi Lane is perfection though. I don't even think I could ever come close. Thanks for the compliment!

      La-Vie

      Delete
  2. I have done it before, but it's been a while so thank you for sharing. I'll have to put it on my 'craft to do' list. Your creation is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I can't wait to see the new ones you make! My Crafty to-do list is a mile long! LOL.

      La-Vie

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. LOL, Patti. It's La-Vie, but the class was taught by Nicole Petersen Designs. Glad you love it!

      La-Vie

      Delete
  4. Very cool! Thank you for sharing :-)

    ~ Vanessa W

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool! Thank you for sharing :-)

    ~ Vanessa W

    ReplyDelete

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.