Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Fall Wedding Invitation



back

front

This was the largest wedding order I ever received. Although the challenge was fun, I underestimated the stamina it would take to create 75 identical wedding invitations. The results were stunning and the pictures don't seem to do it justice.

I got all the supplies at Hobby Lobby. A few tips for ya...the embossing folder was not long enough so I had to run it through twice. It is tricky to line up the design without smashing the previously embossed design. In order to make sure the printing was consistent and unblemished, I had the printing for the text and the monogram done at Staples print center.

The ribbons were made by hand by cutting ribbon lengths in 6" and 8" lengths. Create a loop (circle) with the larger length and adhere the overlap with your fav adhesive, loop the second length of ribbon just the same then attach both loops in the center. This can be done with a staple or glue dots. The monogram is raised on foam tape and covers the area where you have attached the ribbon. If you use staples, make sure to staple only to the printed layer of the invite and use colored staples.
  • brown - embossed with love is in the air Cuttlebug embossing folder
  • orange layer - 5 x 8"
  • cream layer - 4 x 7.5"
  • ribbon loops - 6" and 8"
  • Circle punch
  • MS word to layout the text and the monogram
La-Vie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.