One of my 2012 goals is to submit my work for more challenges and for publication in print magazines. So, today I am entering the Repeat Impressions Designer's Choice Challenge (DCC21) that calls for a project using the technique of heat embossing shown on the Repeat Impressions blog entitled The House That Stamps Built. The deadline is 2.14.12 at 5pm EST and the prize is the choice of one sheet of Repeat Impressions unmounted stamps.
I love Repeat Impressions stamps and card kits. I have used them several times on this blog. However, today my project does not use their stamps. I created a card for teacher appreciation week (an order from my bestie Nikki...shout out girlfriend!) and I love how the heat embossing gives it that extra something special.
- Cricut Cart - Sophie
card 2 pg 28
- gold encore ultimate metallic stamp pad
- gold embossing powder and heat gun
- darice rubber stamp pad
- stamps by Clear and Simple stamps Teacher set
- card base - bazzill premium cardstock
- layer - "School paper" Cosmo Cricket Core Impressions by Core'dinations
- layer distressed with We R Memory Keepers heart tool
- Pearls and ribbon from stash
Wish me luck!