Sunday, February 19, 2012

Good Teachers Are Never Forgotten



Here's another card from Nikki's order for teacher appreciation week. This one is another fav from Sophie cart. Nikki had one request...vibrant spring colors. For this card I chose these complimentary colors that screamed spring has sprung!

Dry embossing has become one of my favorite techniques. Using the Cuttlebug brings such a pop to all projects. My tip is, if you plan to stamp on the part of your project that you will emboss, stamp first and then emboss after. You don't want to squish your design or have parts of the stamped image not show up due to the newly created facets in the paper. Pre-planning is key.
  • Cricut Cart - Sophie card 2 pg 32
  • stamps by Clear and Simple stamps Teacher set
  • darice rubber stamp pad
  • Ranger Archival ink stamp pad - black
  • card base - bazzill basics dotted swiss
  • layer - bazzill embossed with Cuttlebug folder - art deco
  • Bling from Recollections
La-Vie


What's your dry embossing tip?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.