Monday, February 25, 2013

Religious Easter Cards for the Troops

 
I'm back with two more card styles from the 52 I donated to Humble Hearts for Hope for the troops. These two cards were cut from one of my all-time fav Cricut Cartridges - Sophie. It was offered to members of the Cricut Circle last year. There are so many beautiful cards on this cart that I wanted to jump for joy!
 
The first card is smaller than A2. The front window is cut out so I created a base from DCWV white dotted cardstock. The stamp is from Michaels crafts for 25 cents!! Inside I used a stamp from Stampabilities. Ink: Espresso your style, Clear & Simple Stamps.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
For this second Sophie card, (A2 size) I decided to use the stampabilities card on the front. I hand cut the inside layer from beige cardstock from my stash. The inside was stamped with 2 different stamps. the cross with the swirls was another 25 cents stamp from Michaels crafts. The verse is from Stamp La Jolla.



 
 
CRAFTY TIP: paper that is not your style in its original form may look better die cut as a decorative card or embellishment. In this case, the cardstock I used for these cards was donated to me by a good crafty friend. It was 12x12 watercolored type cardstock with one huge flower on it. Although I wouldn't have had a use for it in it's original form, it really makes for a pretty card front and back. The flower and pattern covers the back of the card as well.

Stay tuned for more Easter cards....

I really appreciate all of the kind comments you leave me. It really warms my heart! Thank you.


La-Vie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.