Meet my Nephew Adrieeal!
Today I challenged myself to complete this 8x8 layout. I usually work in 12x12 only when it comes to scrapbooking, but I wanted to step out of my box and try something new. I am entering 3 challenges today (see links below) and each required different elements to be included as a part of the project. One challenge required the colors I used (3 shades of orange and 2 shades of green) and the word FRESH in the journaling, one required the subject I used (0-12 month old boy) and yet another asked for a heart as the main accent.
Crafty tip - the photo mat was too large to fit in the embossing folder so I folded it in half. If you look closely, you'll see that half is embossed and the other half is debosssed for an interesting look. You can see the fold but it adds to the overall design rather than taking from it. Try it, I bet you'll like it!
I decided to group a few items to create my own embellishment. This layout is my take on the collage zstyle of scrapbooking. It includes many different shapes, textures and ideas. Who says baby boy layouts cannot include bling, flowers and glitter? I used to be afraid of "going there" but today I threw all caution to the wind and I love the results! I hope I win some swanky prizes and bragging rights but if not, I have made a gorgeous love letter for my nephew that will last a lifetime. It's a win, win.
This is my first time using my Zig Photo signature pen to write on a picture. It was scary! I did it last and hoped I didn't mess the whole project up. Mission accomplished. My handwriting is not the best, but it's mine and a part of my Nephew's history forever. I love him so much. I'm going up North to see him the last week of March. I cannot wait! I was there for the delivery in January but haven't seen him sense. I love than new baby smell. It's so fresh and so clean - clean! He's growing my leaps and bounds and I don't want to miss a thing!
- Cardstock: DCWV, green: Taj Mahal Stack
- Cricut carts - Cricut Essentials on E2 - Frame2 cut at 8" and Heart2 cut at 8"
- Embossing - Darice: Heart folder run through the Cuttlebug
- Alphas - Thickers: Stroll and Sparkling by Dear Lizzy and American Crafts
- Embellishments - Hairbows Unlimited.com: Lime green crochet flower petals
- Bling - orange flourish and bling: Jolee's All that Bling dimensional stickers
- Stash - orange butterfly sticker, green fabric leaves
- Pen - Zig Photo Signature Pen
Wish me luck! I am entering this layout into the following challenges. Deadline Feb. 28, 2013. Check out each challenge blog and join me in the next challenges! C'mon...it's super fun!
- About A Boy Challenge Blog - Oh Baby!
- Color Me Scrappy - Challenge #30
- Scrap Africa - Challenge No. 14 - Hearts