Friday, February 1, 2013

Designer's Challenge: Aviator Bear Wooden Letters Nursery Decor

 

I had lots of fun creating these letters that will be used for nursery decor for a client. Simple, sweet and impactful design. These embellished letters stand the test of time!

It all started with this bear...


This was a definite design challenge for me. I needed to create an aviator bear to match a Babies R Us nursery theme. Cricut to the rescue!! I had to use my new favorite Cricut cartridge Teddy Bear Parade. The Teddy bear parade cartridge did not include an "ameilia airheart" type of outfit. Alas, I figured out the best way to create the perfect aviator look! On the cartridge, there is a swimming bear. That's where I got the swim cap, goggles and towel. From the cowboy bear, I cut the kerchief. Glued to gether the kerchief and the towel resemble a scraf in flight. The plane from Just a Note needed to be altered a bit ( I cut off the top arch) and added some Twinling Goosebumps (a fav!).

 



Supplies:
Letters from Hobby Lobby
Paper printed on my Cricut Imagine - Hopscotch
Bear - Teddy Bear Parade
Plane - Cricut Cartridge - Just a Note by Cosmo Cricket
Embellishments - Queen & Company Twinkling goosebumps, adventure: Making Memories, Felt stars and clouds -Jolee's, Sequin stars Heidi Swapp, ribbon - burlap jute, The Paper Studio
Cardstock - Bazzill Basics, DCWV, Core'dinations
Adhsives - Mod Podge, Zots, Scotch ATG for scrapbooking, Terifically Tacky Tape


 


 




Here's the nursery decor I was aiming to match. What do you think? Did I do a good job?




La-Vie

10 comments:

  1. I have to say that this nursery theme is absolutely adorable and any little boy would be honored to live in this one! Great Job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is really awesome. love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it's soooo sweet, you did an awesome job!!!! I love everything you made. Your super talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You matched the theme wonderfully and the way to pulled all those other bears together to make this one - awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lyne!! It was a real pleasure to figure out. I don't do a lot of things for boys yet so I was really proud of myself.

      La-Vie

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks a mil!! Big compliment coming from you!!! I'm all smiles!

      La-Vie

      Delete

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.