Thursday, February 7, 2013

Designer's Challenge: Aviator Bear Diaper Cake

 
Here's the diaper cake I made to match the aviator bear baby shower theme I recently was hired to create. I also made matching wooden letters. For more info on those and how I uniquely created the bear click here. 
 
It was a challenge to create a fun look for the diaper cake without all the bows, frills, flowers etc I usually use for girl themed diaper cakes. I was inspired by the Close to my Heart Burlap ribbon and thought it would bring a manly charm to this diaper cake.

 
Supplies:
Topper - print and cut with the Cricut Imagine - Nursery Tails
Clouds - cut from paper printed on my Cricut Imagine - Hopscotch
Stars - DCWV blue glitter cardstock cut from Cricut Essentials Cart in E2 machine
Bear - Teddy Bear Parade
Plane - Cricut Cartridge - Just a Note by Cosmo Cricket
Embellishments - (on plane) Queen and Company Twinkling goosebumps, Sequin stars Heidi Swapp, Ribbon - close to my heart burlap
Cardstock - Bazzill Basics, DCWV, Core'dinations
Adhesives - Zots, Scotch ATG for scrapbooking,
 
 More views...


 
 
La-Vie

4 comments:

  1. I think this is darling. I just made a diaper cake myself over the weekend, not near as cute as yours.

    Smiles Sher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sher!! I'd love to see yours. Are you blogging too?

      La-Vie

      Delete
  2. Got to LOVE that burlap! The aviator bear is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind comments! I have come to love burlap so much....

      La-Vie

      Delete

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.