I'm so psyched about my newest diaper structures! I made 6 diaper bikes to use as centerpieces for my sister's baby shower recently. I have showcased 4 for your viewing and learning pleasure! There were 10 centerpieces in all using diapers size N, 1, 2, and 3 of Huggies Naturals.
I used the same techniques to arrange the diapers I learned from Diaper Cakes by Becca when I recently made two other diaper cakes. The link to her instructional video and my diaper cake is here and another darling diaper cake I made is here.
Bike essentials (each bike requires):
- diapers - 15 to 17 diapers on the outside (depending on the size of the diapers) and 2-3 in the middle - Note: there needs to be space for the blankets to pass through without it being too tight or too loose.
- scrap ribbon
- 4 - 12 in cardstock strips
- 1 pair of socks
- 2 recieving blankets
- 1 bottle
- 2 bibs
- rubber band
These bikes are constructed to be able to be undone and used for the baby effortlessly. There is no adhesive or rubber bands that bind the diapers etc. I packaged the bikes in shrink wrap bags with an arm and hammer disk in each to keep the diapers fresh.
- Roll the diapers and bind with ribbon that's at least an inch wide.
- Apply adhesive to the ribbon and stick the cardstock strips to the ribbon and tape the strips to each other
- repeat steps 1 and 2 to make another wheel (3 or 4 wheels are optional - if you do 4 make the wheels smaller)
- bind the two wheels together with 1 blanket
- lay 2 bibs one to the front and one to the back
- run the 2nd blanket through the front wheel, place the bottle with bottom facing forward and bring the blanket up around the bottle and secure with a rubber band to make the handle bars
- add a sock to each handle bar and voila!
Here's my sister and one of the bikes as a centerpiece on the gift table.
Thanks for stopping by!