Thursday, November 8, 2012

Using Diaper Bikes as Baby Shower Centerpieces


I'm so psyched about my newest diaper structures! I made 6 diaper bikes to use as centerpieces for my sister's baby shower recently. I have showcased 4 for your viewing and learning pleasure! There were 10 centerpieces in all using diapers size N, 1, 2, and 3 of Huggies Naturals.

I used the same techniques to arrange the diapers I learned from Diaper Cakes by Becca when I recently made two other diaper cakes. The link to her instructional video and my diaper cake is here and another darling diaper cake I made is here.


Bike essentials (each bike requires):
  • diapers - 15 to 17 diapers on the outside (depending on the size of the diapers) and 2-3 in the middle - Note: there needs to be space for the blankets to pass through without it being too tight or too loose.
  • scrap ribbon
  • 4 - 12 in cardstock strips
  • 1 pair of socks
  • 2 recieving blankets
  • 1 bottle
  • 2 bibs
  • rubber band


These bikes are constructed to be able to be undone and used for the baby effortlessly. There is no adhesive or rubber bands that bind the diapers etc. I packaged the bikes in shrink wrap bags with an arm and hammer disk in each to keep the diapers fresh.



Basic steps:
  1. Roll the diapers and bind with ribbon that's at least an inch wide.
  2. Apply adhesive to the ribbon and stick the cardstock strips to the ribbon and tape the strips to each other
  3. repeat steps 1 and 2 to make another wheel (3 or 4 wheels are optional - if you do 4 make the wheels smaller)
  4. bind the two wheels together with 1 blanket
  5. lay 2 bibs one to the front and one to the back
  6. run the 2nd blanket through the front wheel, place the bottle with bottom facing forward and bring the blanket up around the bottle and secure with a rubber band to make the handle bars
  7. add a sock to each handle bar and voila!

Here's my sister and one of the bikes as a centerpiece on the gift table.


Thanks for stopping by!
La-Vie 

4 comments:

  1. Wow! La-Vie these are precious, fun looking and such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind comments and for stopping by! I'll have another diaper post tomorrow. Stay tuned!!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, La-Vie! I've never seen anything like these. They are really cute! Your sister is beautiful, too!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Merilee

    ReplyDelete

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.