Tuesday, November 27, 2012

"Special Delivery" Gift Card Holder (CKC Lancaster 2012)


As I continue to share projects I made in classes at CKC Lancaster PA this past summer, I hope you're being inspired! If you've never been to a scrapbook convention, I suggest you make a trip. The energy is contagious. Everyone understands what it means to be a crafter and is excited to be a part of the craft community. My next stop will be a craft cruise (if I can talk my hubby into bringing the family along as well.)

Ok, so here's another gift card holder from the class taught by The-Whole-Kit-N-Kaboodle. The projects were designed by Andrea Deer and are super duper cute! We made 3 cards in class with another 2 to make at home. To start at the beginning of my posts from this class, check out "Built Tough" from earlier this week.




We created this envelope from small pieces of paper for this card. It is the perfect size for a folded check or a gift card. The design is a perfect marriage between form and function. The use of dimensional stickers and die cut elements is spot on. It all came together really quickly (even moreso for me since I didn't ink the edges of every element). I didn't even mind drawing on all that faux stitching. I'm not usually that fussy with my designs. I love design elements that are not hand drawn. But that's just me...

 
Please sheck back tomorrow for the next card from this set. You won't want to miss it!
 

La-Vie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.